Sunday, March 13, 2011

Alvar Aalto in Jyväskylä (2)

Hi there!

Sorry for my long absence but my extended christmas holiday in Germany as well as the cold weather here in Finland have kept me from visiting more Alvar Aalto sites.

In the end of the January I visited the Administrative and Cultural Centre of Jyväskylä for a second time. During my first visit in November I hadn't paid so much attention to the fact that the centre consists of three different parts namely the Jyväkylä Theatre, the former Police Headquarters as well as the City Offices. While I have presented the Theatre and showed also pictures from the former Police Headquarters I left out the City Offices which I will now present today.

The City Offices of Jyväskylä were build in the years 1975-78 and are located in Hannikaisenkatu 17. Below some pictures from the City Offices and further impressions from the Cultural Centre of Jyväskylä.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment