Friday, April 1, 2011

Aalto Sali - Jyväskylä Workers' Club

Hi There!

today I would like to tell a bit more about the Aalto Sali. In my second post last year in November I presented the Jyväskylä Workers' Club one of Aalto's early works and showed also some pictures from outside. Well last week I had finally the chance to enter the building. I had mentioned that the building normally is only opened on special occasions. Last week was such a special occasion, a concert organised by a student organisation and I was, beeing a member of that certain organisation, invited to take part in it. Unfortunatelly I could not bring my camera so I am not able to present any pictures from inside but let me discribe the interior in a few sentences.

Entering the building through the big and heavy iron doors the visitor first enter a lobby with a cloak room. Two staircases lead upstairs where a concert hall can be found that easily accomodates up to 400 people. The interiour shows a lot of Aalto typical elements but has also a slide oriental touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment